Saturday, July 2, 2011

Geometry- Math 1512

This week geometry was introduced. When most people think of geometry they think of shapes. Geometry does involve shapes but things like angles and lengths of sides are also discussed in geometry. Geometry is a great mathematics topic for people who are visual learners. They are able to draw out the different shapes or angles and see what they are working with.

When I think of geometry my mind immediately goes to the different types of angles (right, acute, obtuse, and straight). I found a video that breaks down the different angles and what degree category the different angles fall into. When I first began learning about angles in elementary school the hardest thing for me was trying to remember which angle aligned with the different degree categories.



As I have continued to watch videos, read the readings, and work on the different homework problems in the geometry unit, the things I have learned in elementary and middle school are beginning to come back to me. I hope the video helps jog your memory and get your mind thinking about shapes and angles again.



I discovered a fun website that has different geometry games and e-manipulatives for kids. This particular website also has other math topics for kids such as fractions or multiplication. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment